We are an authorized agent and the services can be accessed from any of our 150+ branches countrywide, selected Co-op Kwa Jirani agents, and selected SACCO’s.
How the recipient receives money via MoneyGram?
MoneyGram is safe and convenient. Money sent can arrive as soon as 10 minutes.
What does the recipient require to have?
- Request for the reference number from the sender.
- The recipient should visit the nearest Co-operative Bank branch or selected Co-op Kwa Jirani agents or saccos- and present the reference number and the identification documents i.e. a valid passport, national ID to pick up the money.
- The recipient should complete the remittance form – available at our branches countrywide.
- Once verified, the recipient will receive the money (usually in local currency (Kenya shillings).
- Important: The recipient’s name on the transfer record must exactly match the name as it appears on their ID. Otherwise, there may be delays or be unable to pick up the funds.
Sending via MoneyGram from abroad
MoneyGram offers different means of sending money to Kenya from abroad. Visit the MoneyGram website, for options available in your country of residence.