Can a third party deposit money into my account?
Through the various money transfer options e.g. internal funds transfer, Swift, EFT, bank deposits, and Our Co-op bank agents (KES only for agent deposits). They can also deposit through M-PESA. Our paybill number is 400200.
What are the money transfer options available on the internet banking platform?
- Transfer from your account to your other account in Co-op bank (transfer to self).
- Transfer from your account to another person’s Co-op bank account.
- Transfer from your account to another account in a Kenyan bank.
- Transfer from your account to another bank outside Kenya (Swift).
- You can also write a secure mail and give us instructions for funds transfer instructions.
NB: We encourage customers to adopt a ‘Do it yourself’ (DIY) policy. It is easier, faster and a customer is able to take charge of transactions in his/her account.
How do I send funds direct to my Co-op account from abroad?
You can wire the funds to your account through our correspondent banks.
Click here – Swift Transfers | Co-operative Bank
Bank name: The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited.
Branch name: Diaspora Branch.
Branch code: 11254.
P. O. Box 48231 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Swift code: KCOOKENA.
How can I contact the diaspora banking department in Nairobi?
Diaspora Banking Unit,
Co-operative Bank of Kenya,
Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O. Box 48231 – 00100,
Contact our 24/7 call centre on:
Tel: +254 20 277 6000 /+254 703 027 000
WhatsApp: +254 736 690 101
Where can I find Co-operative bank diaspora agents?
On our Website – Click here to view agents
How do I access my account balance?
You can view your account transactions and statement through the internet banking platform.
If I have more than one account in Co-operative bank, can I access all of them on the internet banking platform?
Yes, you can add your other accounts on your own using the internet banking platform or send secure mail instructions for us to link the accounts.
As a Co-operative diaspora customer do I get access to internet banking?
Yes, the account is automatically linked to internet banking during account opening.
How do I activate a dormant account?
- To reactivate your account, kindly fill a dormant reactivation available on our downloads section and send it to the firstname.lastname@example.org or through our agents.
- You can send secure mail instructions for reactivation of the account.
How does an account go dormant?
An account becomes dormant if there are no customer-initiated transactions for a period of 6 consecutive months.
What happens when my ATM card is blocked?
You have used the wrong password to log in more than three times. Ask for a password reset if you have forgotten your password. If you can remember your password, ask for it to be unlocked. Requests for unlocking passwords should be sent via email to email@example.com
What do I need to do in case my ATM card expires?
Download the card renewal form from the downloads section. Send a scanned copy of the signed collection form to our group email address firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I update my contact details?
Scan and send us a signed ‘change of contacts’ form available on our downloads section to enable us to update your details in the system for future correspondences.
Can I nominate someone to collect my ATM and PIN on my behalf?
Yes, you can.
Download a collection form from the downloads section and indicate the details of the person you have nominated to collect your instruments. Send a scanned copy of the signed collection form to our group email address email@example.com
How do I get my ATM card and pin?
- We have partnered with DHL and Aramex for the shipping of the ATM card and pin.
- For security reasons, we ship the ATM card and pin Separately.
- The cost of shipping the items is billed by the customer.
- We also offer an alternative of allowing the customer to nominate someone to collect their card and pin.
Can I give someone authority to operate my account?
Yes, you can give someone the mandate to operate your account on your behalf.
Kindly fill out an agent nomination form available on our downloads section and send it to the firstname.lastname@example.org or through our outlet agents.
How will I be notified about the account opening?
- You will receive an email notification from the bank.
- Kindly send an email to our group email address email@example.com if, for any reason, you have not received the confirmation after three days.
How long does it take for an account to be opened?
The turnaround time for opening an account is 24 to 48 hours once we receive the filled-in form and all the required documentation.
What is the process of opening a Jamhuri account?
- Download the application forms for your account type from our website under the downloads section
- Fill in the form.
- Specify the currency of the account.
- Attach copies of your Kenyan identification card/a valid passport (first page, second page, last page, and the renewal page if the PP has expired).
- Attach a current colored passport size photo.
- Attach a copy of a utility bill (e.g. electricity, telephone bill, etc.) or bank statement confirming your current postal address.
- Have the documents certified by either.
– Notary public
– Commissioner for Oaths
– Kenyan embassy or High Commission.
– A bank
– Co-op Bank diaspora agent
Email the documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of use of an authorized Co-op Bank agent, the documents may be forwarded to the bank by the agent.
If I am a regular Co-op customer who travels frequently, do I qualify to be a diaspora customer?
No, the best option would be to fill out a travel notice form to activate your cards for use abroad.
If someone already has an existing account with co-op bank and relocates abroad, can they change it to Jamhuri account? If so, what are the procedures and requirements?
One would have to open a new Jamhuri account and we link the two accounts in order to allow access to both accounts.
Who can open a Jamhuri account?
A Kenyan living abroad.
Why should I open a Jamhuri account?
It is important to open a Jamhuri account to facilitate access to the specialized services, products, and concessions offered to diaspora customers.
There is access to experts on matters diaspora.
It gives regular updates on the investment opportunities available for diaspora customers.
Talk To Us Today
© 2023 Co-operative Bank. All Rights Reserved. Co-operative Bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya